Position: Manager in Training
Description: Learns to manage all aspects of a store including presentation, staffing, leadership and store operations during the training program. Must successfully complete the manager in training program to be moved into an assistant manager position.
Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree required. No retail experience required, at least one year retail experience preferred. No supervisor/managerial experience required.
Work Schedule Requirements: Managers are generally required to work 40-50 hours per week. Depending on the time of year and the needs of the store, managers may work more or less than 40-50 hours per week Managers are required to work most weekends, and during peak holiday periods.
Competencies: Candidate must bring interpersonal interaction, maturity and emotional stability, communication, drives results, fashion trend knowledge, leadership and team building, resiliency, customer focus, business savvy, promotes diversity and inclusion, integrity, multi-tasking, adaptability and flexibility, holds self accountable, planning and organization, problem solving, assertive. On the job, you will learn management skills, proactive thinking, performance management, product knowledge and brand awareness, visual displays, asset protection, attention to detail, and register/point of sales use.
- Customer Focus – interacts with and assists customers to ensure they are satisfied with their store experience. Reinforces customer service expectations with associates. Anticipates customer merchandise (e.g., placement, availability, customer fit) and business flow (e.g., long lines at cash wrap or fitting rooms) issues. Keeps up-to-date on merchandise choices and uses suggestive selling/outfitting to share this knowledge with customers. Delivers an in-store experience focused on the customer, ensuring a fast, easy and exciting shopping experience.
- Performance Management and Development – trains staff to complete job tasks and develop skills for effective performance. Evaluates staff on tasks and competencies and identifies high-performing talent within the store.
- Staffing, Scheduling, and Payroll – staffs store with quality associates to assist in meeting and maintaining store staffing levels. Learns and manages setting priorities, assigning and organizing work flow and allocating payroll for staff.
- Store Presentation and Sales Floor – learns, participate in and manages visual and presentation standards throughout the store and stockroom, ensuring staff involvement in cleaning and maintenance. Executes and updates floor sets to brand standards. Makes store presentation decision to improve the speed and flow of the business. Ensures store is prepared for events or promotions. Anticipates, monitors and reacts to the day’s events to ensure proper merchandising (e.g., sell-down, top-selling items for substitution, on-hand inventory).
- Store Operations – coordinates with other managers to resolve operations and customer issues throughout the store. Learns, reviews and supports all current company procedures and policies. Reads and completes appropriate sections of the Program. Performs management only register functions. Handles all cash related managerial procedures. Learns and completes maintenance and updating of personnel files.
- Asset Protection – Follows all Company safety and security policies, including completing bag checks, issuing customer service recovery statements, securing the store before and after business hours and responding appropriately in emergency situations. Participate in the training of others to follow all company safety and security policies, including knowledge of current shrink rate. Monitors shrink by being aware of signs of theft, communication customer service recovery statements and assisting asset protection in the event of theft.
- Communication – communicates information and instruction to others. Respects and values diversity in others and develops and maintains good working relationships with all associates. Educates staff on new merchandise, business metrics (e.g., top selling products, merchandise pricing), store sales metrics (e.g., product sales, daily sales) and company marketing initiatives (e.g., in-store sales, promotions, social media campaigns, online ordering in store).
- Policies and Procedures – follows and holds associates accountable to company procedures, including Handbook Policies, as well as all managerial instructions and assignments. Adheres to the dress code guidelines in personal appearance (e.g. grooming, proper dress). Follows standard procedures for opening and closing the store. Arrives, clocks in and clocks out promptly for shift and meal periods. Operates cash register and all point of sale (POS) devices.
- Stockroom – Learns, participates in and manages stockroom areas being organized and maintained according to company standards.
How to Apply: Within center store.