Position – Marketing & Business Development Manager
Provide Superior Client Service
- Collaborate with property team to develop and execute comprehensive, research-based strategic planning that directs marketing efforts to enhance asset value by actively participating in the leasing process (permanent and specialty), driving sales, and generating alternative revenue
- Ensure the properties’ annual marketing plan is directed at achieving owner’s objectives; focused on leasing, sales and revenue; and utilize the resources and tools available
- Monitor, control, and adjust, as appropriate, marketing budget and alternative revenue goals to meet year- end projections
- Work with Leasing and Ownership Team to ensure that leasing collaterals such as fact sheets are current, complete and accurate
- Responsible for the procurement and development of programs involving outside consultants such as public relations firms, advertising agencies and other vendors
Leadership, Motivation and Development
- In concert with the General Manager, manage property-based marketing personnel to define, track and achieve measurable goals established during budget strategy and strategic planning sessions
- Provide constructive feedback, regular coaching, and career development input throughout the year to help subordinates achieve performance objectives and develop their professional skills and capabilities
- Supervise operations of the Customer Service Center overseeing the Guest Services Manager (GSM) in all aspects of guest relations and customer satisfaction.
- Review monthly sales reports to have a thorough knowledge of retailer sales and track key retailer and category trends
- Establish an ongoing partnership with tenants to maximize individual store sales through a retailer communication/sales program
- Develop and implement retailer action plans aimed at maximizing retailer sales and increasing the center’s value
- Oversees the mall website, data base and email postcard program
Marketing Strategy Implementation
- Have thorough knowledge of the area market including all competitive properties, area and customer demographics and available media
- Effectively execute an advertising program to enhance tenant sales and generate percentage rent
- Coordinate special events and community relations program to support merchandising efforts to the level necessary as outlined in the strategic plan; work with retailers to involve them as appropriate; track and produce results summaries to determine impact on center traffic and sales
- Develop and implement local and corporate sponsorship opportunities that will generate additional revenue for the property; document and track all sponsorship proposals and programs
- Develop an ongoing public relations action plan as necessary
- Coordinate ongoing research utilizing, where available utilizing Scarborough, Alteryx to support marketing and leasing efforts
Children’s Play Area/Train
- Oversees Marketing Coordination (MC) /GSM who coordinates all aspects of children’s play area and Train promotions, including signage, advertising, events, merchant tie-ins, party scheduling.
- Oversees MC/GSM who coordinates regular maintenance and repair schedule as necessitated. Submits recommended costs to management for approval in budget.
- GSM to handles all merchant, customer and employee inquiries regarding the children’s amenities.
Advertising and Sales Promotions
- Plans and oversees center advertising and sales promotions.
- Oversees media buys with MC with various media outlets to determine placement and content.
- Works with MC and oversees reports for reviews of sales promotion programs.
- Oversees production schedules for any planned advertising or printed pieces. Oversees MC who will write copy, proofs materials and distributes as necessary.
Works with MC/GSM to recruit merchants to participate in planned center programs.
- Works with MC/GSM and oversees advertising and sales promotions of competitive centers, apprises management, and keep files up to date.
- Performs market studies to understand retail sales performance by category as well as sales performance of competitive centers.
Tenant and Community Relations
Develops and maintains relationships with store managers to understand sales performance.
Develops and implements opportunities for Tenant cross promotions to improve sales.
Develops and maintains relationships with community groups.
Develops and implements opportunities for Community cross promotions to improve awareness of The Shops at South Town and promote additional traffic.
- In concert with the General Manager and senior company management, is the local Center spokesperson for all public relations and directly interfaces with the media as necessary to further the objectives of the center and furthers the best interests of the company.
- Uses center’s campaign and branding guidelines and oversees all aspects of in-mall signage including but not limited to center directories, duratrans, barricade, static sticker in-center sign programs, LED board content, exterior static billboards with the assistance of MC/GSM.
- Prepares Business Development section of AMR for ownership. Oversees Marketing AMR.
- Oversees GSM / MC in all aspects of outreach to community partners in support of programs in place including but not limited to hotel programs, office programs, and school programs.
- Plans and works with MC/GSM to implement all center events. Serves as primary contact for all event operations. Coordinates events’ operations with MC/GSM participating departments & vendors.
- Monitors event expenses.
- Reviews event logistics and performance.
- Researches and recommends appropriate events for center participation and sponsorship.
- Conducts a timely post-event and/or post-promotion meeting review of event/promotion to determine viability and changes/corrections for next year.
Web Site / Social Media / E-Blasts / Digital Assets
- Leads the strategic vision of the center’s website and designs same for optimization and friendly user interface – both customer and tenant.
- Monitors web site usage monthly.
- Collaboratively works with MC/GSM to program and implement all social media content that effectively promotes the center and its brand, retailers, events – with a consistent voice and professional presentation consistent with a first-class shopping center.
- Creates programs across digital platforms and leverages digital assets to increase awareness for the Center and its retailers
Visual Merchandising Coordination
- MC to schedule installation and de-installation of signs and merchandise in vacant storefronts as needed.
- MC to orders visual display items, within budget guidelines.
- Work with MC to coordinate preparation, installation and takedown of center seasonal décor with Engineering and Maintenance. Creates calendar of tasks. Monitors budgeted expenses.
- Recommends and researches additions to and changes in seasonal décor.
- Assists in installation and takedown of seasonal décor as needed.
- Responsible for Business Development revenue
- Source local, regional, and national clients for advertising and sponsorship opportunities
- Develop Business Development collateral.
- Provide custom decks and renderings to potential clients.
- Update research materials with latest demographic and scarborough information.
- Coordinate all facets of the Business Development deliverables to the advertiser/sponsor and manage the successful implementation of the various activations in the common area by closely working with MC and the center team.
- Communication – Able to provide ongoing communications to mall team through distribution of thoughtful and detailed information.
- Teamwork – Able to work in a team atmosphere, providing support to other departments as necessary.
- Organization – Ability to maintain an organized workspace/office and have the skills necessary to keep an easily understood filing system.
- Customer Service – Has the interpersonal skills to provide good service to customers, contractors, vendors, and clients. Has friendly and helpful attitude.
- Adaptability – maintains effectiveness in varying environments, tasks and responsibilities and with various types of people.
- Drive for Results – can be counted on to exceed goals, bottom line oriented, pushes self and others for results.
- Planning and Organizing – establish course of action to accomplish goals, develops plan for achieving results, can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish goals, uses resources effectively and efficiently, measures performance against goals, evaluates results.
- Dealing with Ambiguity – can effectively cope with change, can shift gears comfortably, can decide and act without having the total picture, can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Problem Solving – uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions, looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers.
- Time Management – uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; concentrates efforts on the more important priorities; can attend to a broader range of activities; completes work in a timely manner, even under tight deadlines and pressure.
- Initiative – Takes pro-active approach to meeting and exceeding the requirements of ownership. Develops best practices for operations and financial processes.
- Technology – Takes pro-active approach to learning new software programs to improve efficiency and presentations; as well as continuously enhancing existing skills with Excel, Word and Power Point.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field and/or 3 – 5 years in professional experience, retail and/or related shopping center experience.
- Knowledge of marketing fundamentals and research and reporting.
- Excellent with PC, Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint, Illustrator and/or Photoshop.
- Ability to easily learn and use new systems.
- Strong organizational, time management and delegation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Social Media skills and experience posting for a company.
- Ability to deal with multiple tasks effectively and establish priorities.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Must have flexibility to work varied schedules including weekends and evenings.
- Additional duties as requested.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus Pay
To respond to this opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter to: HR@PacificRetail.com
Please reference “Marketing & Business Development Manager – Shops at South Town” in the subject line.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.