We are excited about the progress and retail outlook at The Shops at South Town. A safe shopping and dining environment continues to be of paramount importance.
The State of Utah terminated the current Public Health Orders as Tuesday, May 4, 2021 as Utah has met all requirements to end COVID-19 directives. Additionally, the Center for Disease Control (CDC) recently provided new guidance regarding face coverings on May 13, 2021 that is consistent with our state guidelines.
In light of Governor Cox’s executive orders and recent CDC guidelines, face coverings will now be optional at The Shops at South Town. Patrons are encouraged to practice safety precautions in public spaces.
Deep cleaning and sanitation of the common areas will continue. Stores and restaurants in the shopping center determine the safety procedures they choose to follow. Please be mindful of each policy.
Effective Wednesday, May 18, 2021, The Shops at South Town will make the following changes to our operating procedures to align with the guidance provided by our state government and the CDC.
The following changes will be implemented:
- The Shops at South Town will no longer require customers to wear a face covering or physically distance in the common area of the center. Face coverings in the common area are optional.
- Individual stores, restaurants and entertainment venues will make their own determination as to whether or not to require face coverings in their space.
- As outlined in the recent order, all businesses have the right to determine their own policies as it relates to the safety and policies for their customers and employees.
- Common area seating, including Dining Terrace seating, will be returned to normal pre-pandemic levels
- Any restrictions that may have been in place limiting eating and drinking within The Shops at South Town have been removed.
- Expanded cleaning policies that had been implemented to promote public health safety during the pandemic will continue.
This includes but is not limited to expanded cleaning in high touch areas such as restrooms, The Shops at South Town, and seating areas.
In addition to following all state government mandates, The Shops at South Town continues to take additional steps to promote a safe environment. Guests will notice the installation of numerous hand sanitizer stations throughout the Center and increased cleaning procedures by our Housekeeping team. We will also offer complimentary disposable face-covering upon request to guests (if requested), and all Management, Public Safety, and Housekeeping staff will continue to wear a face covering.
We look forward to continuing to welcome back our community. As we do so, please know that a safe shopping and dining environment continue to be of paramount importance and our main priority.
For further information on the recent public orders please CLICK HERE.